Charles Read of Burlington, New Jersey, "the most noted ironmaster in West Jersey prior to the Revolution," founded Batsto Iron Works here in 1766. Batsto passed through two other owners, John Cox and then Joseph Ball, during the the Revolutionary War era, when the iron works supplied the Continental Army with many products, including "munitions, camp kettles, iron fastenings and fittings for artillery caissons, wagons, and ships." The grounds were later used for glassmaking, for agriculture and for the manufacturing of forest products. The iron works were in operation until the 1850's. 
George Washington purchased four monogrammed firebacks (used to line the back of fireplaces) that were made at Batsto Iron Works. Two of these are still at Mount Vernon, Washington's Virginia home. 
Batsto Village is a very interesting place, and there is much to see. Please note that the buildings and structures which still exist here, including the Mansion shown above, date to after the Revolutionary War era. However, the visitors center has a museum which details the entire history of Batsto Village, including the Revolutionary War period.
1.^ Information and quoted text was drawn from the Historic Batsto Village, Batsto, New Jersey pamphlet, available at Historic Batsto Village
2.^ Explanatory sign in the museum room in the Batsto Village Visitors Center.
Revolutionary War New Jersey
The ultimate field guide to New Jersey's Revolutionary War historic sites!
Wharton State Forest New Jersey Revolutionary War Sites • Wharton State Forest New Jersey Historic Sites