1. ^ For information about Garrett Lydecker and his decision to remain loyal to the King of England, see:
Firth Haring Fabend, "The Reverend Gerrit Lydekker: From Coetus to Conferentie, An Explanation of 'What Happened'," in Barbara Z. Marchant, Editor, Revolutionary Bergen County, The Road to Independence (Charleston: The History Press, 2009) page 65-79
2. ^ Information was drawn from:
• The Bergen County Historical Society sign in front of the church in Ridgefield
• The bronze sign at the location of the original church building in Leonia
• National Register of Historic Places Registration Form for the English Neighborhood Reformed Church of Ridgefield, submitted July 16, 1998
Available as a PDF on the National Park Service /National Register of Historic Places website here.